Alumni Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is a group of volunteers elected from around the country to act as the policy-making body. It sets priorities and works with the Alumni Engagement team to develop and support programs for students and alumni.
Celebrating Traditions. Creating Connections.
We are passionate champions of Michigan Tech's unique traditions and we continuously strengthen our alumni community.
The purposes of the Board are:
- Engaging the worldwide Alumni network;
- Communicating with Alumni on behalf of Michigan Tech;
- Communicating with Michigan Tech on behalf of Alumni;
- Recognizing outstanding Alumni and friends of Michigan Tech;
- Developing and sponsoring events for Alumni that allow them to contribute to the University's strategic goals and to engage with other Alumni;
- Building a culture of philanthropy and encouraging service to Michigan Tech and the world;
- Creating opportunities for former Directors to stay engaged with the Board and the University.
Directors are elected to six-year terms by the current board members. The board also includes representatives from the Michigan Tech Student Foundation, Undergraduate Student Government, Graduate Student Government, and Michigan Technological University faculty.
The Board of Directors maintains several standing committees to help achieve its mission, vision, and purpose:
- Governance—oversees new board member elections and alumni recognition
- Marketing—promotes Alumni Association sponsored benefits
- Alumni First—coordinates and promotes local chapter and regional alumni events
- Student Initiative Support—provides mentoring and financial support for student activities
We are always looking to diversify our team. Elections are held in even-numbered years, but nominations are continuously open.