Mission, Vision, Goals
The Graduate School Mission
The Graduate School is responsible for coordinating Michigan Tech's programs to recruit, retain, and mentor graduate students. The Graduate School provides service to graduate students and faculty to support Michigan Tech's efforts in the areas of education, research, and outreach.
The Graduate School Vision
The Graduate School will lead Michigan Technological University in achieving its strategic goals by ensuring that all graduate students receive a high-quality education that prepares them for productive lives in technologically robust multinational settings.
Goals of the Graduate School
- Recruit and retain a diverse group of outstanding graduate students.
- Continuously evaluate and increase the quality and relevance of graduate degree programs at Michigan Tech.
- Facilitate graduate students' involvement in research, scholarship, and creative activities.
- Publicize the achievements of graduate students.
- Encourage interdisciplinary and international research.
- Assist in the acquisition of external support for Michigan Tech graduate students.
- Enhance the quality of graduate student life on and around the Michigan Tech campus by providing professional development opportunities and promoting a sense of community among graduate students.